Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the oldest folk remedies! Known as the “old timers” remedy, Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to cure many aliments.
There is a long list of ailments Apple Cider Vinegar can cure including acne and scalp and hair conditions!
The main thing that makes Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) so effective is that it balances he body’s pH levels. If the body is balanced, our skin glows and our hair shines! Who wouldn’t want that!
How ACV can help with Acne and oily skin conditions:
ACV kills the bacteria on the skin and balances our skins pH level. It also absorbs excess oil which is one of the causes leading causes of Acne.
- Dilute the Apple Cider Vinegar in water by one part of vinegar and 3 to 4 parts of water.
- Apply the solution directly to your skin with clean cotton, and leave it there for about ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, rinse off the vinegar.
- Repeat this three times a day. For severe cases of acne, the solution can be used overnight without rinsing.
For more severe acne, the water ratio can also be reduced to 2 or 3 parts per one part of vinegar, but this stronger solution should not be left on overnight.
Recipe from Home Remedies Web
How ACV can help with hair and scalp conditions:
Because ACV has an acidity level that is close to the hairs natural acid level, it works as a great conditioner, cleaning agent and germ killer. It is also extremely helpful for dry and oily dandruff.
After shampooing hair,
- Mix 1/2 cup ACV with 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Pour on scalp and and hair
You can follow up with a conditioner, but don’t need to. I like to use a tiny bit of Coconut Oil as a leave-in conditioner.
This recipe helps with dandruff as well as seals the hairs cuticle after cleansing leading to full, shiny, healthy hair.