We are used to protecting our skin from the sun, but what about our hair? The sun’s rays can definitely affect our hair.
Try some of these tips and you will subtly notice the difference with your hair.
1. Wear a wide brimmed hat
2. Leave in Conditioner
3. Leave in product with UV protection – this can build up in your hair so use clarifying shampoo once a week to remove coating.
4. protect your scalp, if you have a favorite parting, apply SPF 30 or higher on parting
During Summer, salt water, chlorine and wind can dry your hair. Try and limit beach visits, swimming pools and outdoor activity with out protecting your hair.
1. Wet your hair with plain water before swimming to prevent it from absorbing too much chlorine and rinse again right after swimming.
2. Wear a hat or put long hair up to avoid wind damage.
3. Stay away from lemon juice, alcohol, peroxide or other coloring tricks because they can definitely dry out and damage your hair.
Get your shine back! If your hair is already dry and frizzy from sun exposure, it is not too late to get it back!
1. Use hair repair shampoo weekly
2. Use a deep conditioner weekly. Cover your hair with a shower cap to let your natural heat penetrate the conditioner deeply in your hair. Conditioners with keratin, wheat germ protein, and jojoba oil are good choices. Make sure to condition ends well!
3. Apply a sunscreen laden leave in conditioner daily to protect your sundamaged hair from further UV damage
4. Limit blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons to prevent further damage.
5. Your hair color will definitely fade with sun exposure, a hair gloss and/or deep conditioning treatment with your hair stylist can add shine back to your locks
Azelle Santa Ana- Hair stylist
Call for an appointment or consultation
112 S. Delacey ave.
Pasadena, ca 91105